The Membership Committee is pleased to share some of the results from the 2019 MSHP Annual Survey. This year 52 members responded to the survey.
Reasons for Being Involved
Networking was again selected by respondents as the primary reason for involvement in MSHP.
Top three reasons for being involved in MSHP:
2. Professional Development
3. Affiliate chapter activities and Continuing Education
MSHP meetings and CE, advocacy, and leadership opportunities were also frequently ranked by responders as top three membership benefits.
Overall, responders felt that MSHP is doing a good job fulfilling most organization activities.
Most important MSHP activities per responders:
1. Advocating for me and the profession of pharmacy at the state level
2. Delivering high quality education
3. Promoting the health-system pharmacy to the general public
4. Communicating key health-system pharmacy issues to members
MSHP activities which the organization is best fulfilling:
1. Providing opportunities of organizational involvement
2. Producing a high quality newsletter
3. Providing leadership opportunities
4. Delivering high quality education
Top Priorities for Coming Year:
1. Legislative Issues
3. Membership Involvement
Top Areas for Improvement:
1. Offer more local/regional programming
2. Offer more social functions and networking opportunities
3. Increase communication and programming around legislative issues
The majority of members indicated that they feel they receive a good value for their membership dues.
We want to thank all the members that took the time to fill out the survey. These results will be used during the next strategic planning meeting to guide organization initiatives.
We are excited about all the changes that have been happening within MSHP over the past year and look forward to continuing to improve your membership experience!